Hey guys! I just wanted to share some random facts about me to help you guys get to know me better!
1. My first name Ayla is from a book called "Clan of the Cave Bear" by Jean M. Auel (check out the book here).
2. My middle name Revé is the first name of John Walsh's wife. My mom was watching and episode of "America's Most Wanted" when she was 15 years old and fell in love with it
(I LOVE my name. I've only met 4 other ladies with the name Ayla and no one with the name Revé. Its rare when someone spells it right or says it correctly, but I don't mind.)
3. I'm only 5'1. I love being short, but buying pants and dresses is always annoying. Ain't nobody got time to take all the pants they own to the tailor!
4. I started playing soccer when I was 6-years-old and finally stopped at 18. Soccer is my favorite sport and I wish I could play more often. At every base I've been stationed at, I've played on the base teams to stay active and enjoy the competition.
5. I've been in the Air Force for almost 8 years. I can't believe it. It's gone by so fast.
6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read. Books are my passion and a dream of mine is to one day write a book.
7. I fractured my kneecap playing indoor soccer back in 2014. It took about 6 months for it to fully heal and for me to not wear a leg brace. My husband loves to laugh at me about this because no one was around me when I fractured it. I went to plant my left leg and it hyperextended and I heard POP POP POP. It was so swollen by the next morning that I had to go to the Urgent Care on base.
8. My pet peeve is when people say guillotine "gill-uh-teen" instead of "gee-uh-teen." I have NO IDEA why it bothers me, but it does.
9. I am getting my Bachelor's Degree in Business Management with a focus in Human Resources. I am 1 class away from finishing my Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) degree, which is the equivalent of an Associate's Degree.
10. I have 2 tattoos!
11. I love the ocean. Growing up my mom would take my 2 brothers and I on day trips down the coast where we would find a secluded beach and spend the day exploring, reading books, and taking the occasional nap.
12. I'm terrible at math. Like really bad. And I also hate it.
13. I grew up on Nutella.
14. I'm 50% German (Mom's side) and 50% Mexican (Dad's side).
15. My husband and I got married in Las Vegas at the Clark County Court House in 2013. I was 20 and he was 25. My mom, dad, step-dad, and 2 brothers came to Vegas for our ceremony. We plan on having an actual wedding for our 10 year anniversary in the Sawtooth Mountains here in Idaho.
Feel free to leave some facts about you in the comments below so I can get to know you better!